Definition of Phrase:
A group of words that does not have any subject and finite verb and makes a sentence meaningful is called Phrase.
Examples of Phrase:
- Alex loves to hang out.
- Alana has no kith and kin here.
- Next year Ann will come here.
- Jack has to decide; the ball is in his court.
- They were walking very slowly.
- The book you gifted me was really interesting.
- Mark will be always with you through your thick and thin.
- Robin is slow and steady.
- This law is now null and void.
- 21st February is a red letter day.
- The cat is sleeping under the table.
- Jack and Jim are at daggers drawn.
- Rick was shouting so loudly.
- I asked her in a low voice.
- Suzan was in a fix.
- The new project has turned into a blunder.
- You could have said it in a polite way.
- Tom is so short-tempered.
- They were talking sitting beside the river.
- The man lives near the hill.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net