Example of Material and Abstract Noun
(5/5, 286 votes)
Definition of Material Noun:
A material noun is a name for something which is tangible.
- I have a cricket bat in my closet.
- The bat is made of wood from a tree.
- My brother has a mobile phone.
- The phone is made of plastic and metal.
- I need some water for the cake.
- The jug is on the table.
- There is also a pen and a diary on it.
- The pen is out of ink.
- Your shirt has a button short.
- This ring is made of gold and diamond.
- The bricks are loose on this wall.
Definition of Abstract Noun:
An abstract noun is a name for something which is intangible.
- Truthfulness is a virtue that is rare nowadays.
- Honesty depends mostly on truthfulness and integrity.
- Childhood is the best time to build it.
- Different people may have different ideas, opinions, and beliefs.
- But some virtues receive universal acknowledgment.
- Courage, bravery, honesty, intelligence, perseverance, etc. are the best of virtues.
- Kindness, fidelity, justness, faithfulness, optimism, etc. are also good virtues.
- There are also some commonly acknowledged vices.
- Dishonesty, treachery, infidelity, brutality, pessimism, etc. are some of the vices.
- Hatred, malice, vengefulness, cruelty, spitefulness, etc. are some negative qualities.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net