Examples of Imperative Sentence
(5/5, 716 votes)
Definition of Imperative Sentence:
The sentence which is used to convey a command, a request, or a forbiddance is called an imperative sentence. This type of sentence always takes the second person (you) for the subject but most of the time the subject remains hidden.
- Bring me a glass of water.
- Don’t ever touch my phone.
- Give me a pen and a pencil.
- Play with intensity and courage.
- Remember me when we are parted.
- Never forget the person who loves you.
- Take a step and don’t move.
- Don’t be excited about everything without reason.
- Don’t rush or you will fall.
- Read a lot to improve your writing skill.
- Write whenever you get a chance.
- Don’t stay out at night.
- Please open the door quickly.
- Have a cup of cappuccino.
- You wash your hand first and then eat.
- Kindly bring the book to me.
- Please forgive my meticulousness but you have spelled it wrong.
- Don’t ever call me a loser.
- Watch your step before taking it.
- Please grant me a loan.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net