Definition of Noun:
“A noun is a word used for naming some person or thing.” – J. C. Nesfield
“A noun is a word used as the name of a person, place or thing” – Wren & Martin
Examples of Noun as a Part of Speech:
- Alex is a wonderful player.
- Sydney Lions is the team he plays for.
- He was not born in this country.
- Sydney is the city he lives in.
- He is a man of dream.
- The bat is made of wood from a tree.
- My brother has a mobile phone.
- The phone is made of plastic and
- I need some water for the cake.
- The jug is on the table.
- There is also a pen and a diary on it.
- Truthfulness is a virtue that is rare nowadays.
- Honesty depends mostly on truthfulness and integrity.
- The cat used to eat a cookie every day.
- I have a phone, few books, a notepad, a table-calendar, and a computer on my desk.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net