Definition of Intransitive Verb:
A finite verb that does not need an object to make a complete sentence is called an intransitive verb.
Examples of Intransitive Verb:
- A flock of birds is flying over our heads.
- We laughed so hard that we could not talk for a few minutes.
- We also sang a few songs though we were not good at it.
- We smiled at each other for encouraging each other.
- We wept together when one of us was in pain.
- We slept together feeling the warmth of each other.
- We went to many places together.
- We stayed in Atlanta for many years.
- Then we moved to Chicago for a better life.
- We were young and we ran towards success.
- We dreamt of many things together.
- Though we could not reach our dreams, we are happy.
- We walked a lot together and we want to do it forever.
- Don’t just sit there idly.
- I was lying on the bed when you were having fun in the club.
- You should not lie when someone asks you a serious question.
- The water level is rising day by day and it’s alarming.
- We got up in the morning and prepared ourselves for the tour.
- The river flows furiously in this time of the year.
- I could not study last night because of this horrible weather.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net