Definition of Non-finite Verb:
Non-finite verbs do not work as the actual verbs in the formation of the sentence. They have the forms of verbs but they do not work as them. They work as adjectives, gerunds, and adverbs in the sentence.
Examples of Non-finite Verb:
- It is dangerous to drive on this slippery road.
- We are ready to play now.
- I felt it difficult to comprehend.
- I needed a sound sleep to calm my mind.
- It is good to know that you can cook as well.
- We ate a lot of roasted meat.
- I have completed the given task.
- I do not drink boiled water because of its weird taste.
- Robert is the most wanted player on the team.
- The frightened boy jumped over the wall.
- Being amused, I clapped hard in the theater.
- Shaun gave up smoking a few years ago.
- Marshal insisted on taking the bus instead of the train.
- Walking is a habit you should develop from the beginning.
- Running like a maniac will not solve any problem.
- Sleeping in the afternoon is not healthy at all.
- A flying bird is more watchful than a sitting bird.
- He saw a sleeping cat yesterday.
- I respect the working disabled people.
- Alex saw a spider creating its trap.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net