Definition of Past Continuous Tense
Examples of Past Continuous Tense
- I was writing articles on different topics.
- He was reading various kinds of books.
- They were playing football in that field.
- She was drinking coffee in that coffee shop.
- He was studying in the library.
- We were shopping in this market last week.
- We were watching a movie in this Cineplex yesterday.
- You were shopping in that market.
- I was singing different kinds of songs, especially modern.
- I was listening to melodious songs last evening.
- He was traveling around the world.
- They were playing hockey on that field last week.
- The poet was writing a romantic poem.
- The lyricist was writing a realistic song for the program.
- Were you enjoying the concert of realistic songs?
- I was not watching the cricket match on television.
- He was practicing to sing the song for the program.
- I was helping him to do the task.
- We were enjoying the program thoroughly.
- I was shopping at the Dhaka International Trade Fair with my elder brother.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net