Definition of Possessive Pronoun:
A possessive pronoun replaces a possessive adjective. The possessive adjectives are my, your, his, her, their, our, and its. The possessive pronouns are mine, his, hers, yours, hers, theirs, ours, and its.
Example Possessive Pronouns:
- The green balls are mine.
- The yellow balls are yours.
- The orange balls are hers.
- The while balls are his.
- The red bat is theirs.
- The blue bat is ours.
- Is this your book? That one is mine.
- Here is my book. Where’s yours?
- I left my bag here and he left his.
- We got our fruits. What about theirs?
- They got their meals. What about ours?
- Can I borrow your pen? I lost mine.
- Why are you using my phone? Where is yours?
- I can’t find my bag. Can I take hers?