Definition of Relative Pronouns:
A relative pronoun works as a connector between two clauses. It introduces a relative clause. Relative pronouns are that, which, who, whom, whose.
Example of Relative Pronouns:
- Robert is a king who rules the seven kingdoms.
- The seven kingdoms which are ruled by different houses answers to him.
- Robert only trusts Ned who is a friend of him.
- Ned is the governor of the kingdom which is vast.
- They have a slogan that is “winter is coming”.
- Don’t make comments that are not appropriate in this situation.
- I don’t know whose car is this.
- I know whom you are dating.
- I heard stories that were not good at all.
- Give me the book which is on the table.
- The person whom you met yesterday is a doctor.
- I bought a cricket bat which belonged to Bradman.
- The questions that have been asked cannot be answered.
- I don’t know whose bat it was.
- We made a deal which is satisfactory.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net