Definition of Specific determiners:
Specific determiners are used to denote specific or particular things.
Specific determiners include the following:
- The definite article: the
- Possessives: his, her, your, its, my, our, their, whose
- Demonstratives: these, those, this, that
- Interrogatives: which
Examples of Specific determiners:
- The man is behaving so strangely.
- These apples are good.
- His father is out of the city.
- Jim is her brother.
- It’s my book.
- Which is your car?
- Those mangoes are rotten.
- This plan will work.
- That place is so crowded.
- The book is interesting.
- Do you know its functions?
- Who is your sister here?
- Are you going to their house?
- This is the person whose name is written here.
- His idea is good.
- Her performance was outstanding.
- Aric came to our place yesterday.
- Alice will buy that book.
- Do you like this dress?
- The movie was excellent.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net