Definition of Past Tense:
Past Tense represents actions happened in the past.
Examples of Past Tense:
- Bill attended the program.
- Tom performed in the show.
- Alice was practicing on the tennis court.
- Jim had been there a long time ago.
- I was waiting for my friends.
- Peter had been cooking the meal before we reached there.
- Alana was happy to hear the news.
- Jeff had left the place before we reached.
- Rock was singing in the show.
- Bob was playing football in the field.
- They were practicing cricket for the upcoming tournament.
- Alex was excited to go to the concert.
- Dana wrote the letter.
- I was attending the class.
- I prepared the design.
- Albert was sick.
- Patrick went to the library.
- John had written the application before you came.
- Paul started reading after the teacher had entered the room.
- Rick was exhausted.
Past Tense is of four types:
- Past Indefinite Tense
- Past Continuous Tense
- Past Perfect Tense
- Past Perfect Continuous Tense.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net