Definition of Adverbial Phrase:
An Adverbial Phrase is a group of words performing the task of an adverb.
Examples of Adverbial Phrase:
- I came here yesterday.
- Once upon a time, the lady lived here.
- Sam said it in a polite way.
- John was walking so quickly.
- I will meet you tomorrow.
- Jeff was speaking so roughly.
- The man was shouting very loudly.
- I made them understand the plan in an easy way.
- The man seldom comes here.
- Samantha is trying to do the work quickly.
- They came in a group to make us understand.
- We are working so hard to complete the project.
- Bob is trying to win the game by hook or by crook.
- The student is trying heart and soul to pass the exam.
- You are walking so slowly.
- Next year Jack will come here.
- We are going to watch a movie on Friday.
- Are you thinking in this way?
- Don’t talk to me in that tone.
- Alana spoke in a low voice.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net