Definition of Absolute Phrase:
A phrase having a subject but no finite verb and modifying the full sentence is referred to as an Absolute phrase.
Examples of Absolute Phrase:
- My cousin finally returning to the homeland, we will be able to have fun in the family gatherings like before.
- The singer’s performance in the concert, the organizers were so happy.
- Jeff is waiting for his friends, having the food cooked in the microwave oven.
- Having the work done early, I decided to go home.
- The concert finished, we all were ready to go the restaurant.
- Being a doctor, you should know it.
- The exam over, the friends were ready to hang out.
- Having the cake baked in the oven, I was cleaning the dust of the bedroom.
- The program over, we all were ready to go home.
- My friend coming to the varsity, we will be able to spend some quality time.
- Having the meal prepared, I was watching a drama on the television.
- Her presence in the party, we all were screaming with joy.
- The actor’s entry in the movie, the audience started clapping and screaming.
- The song started, the audience started singing as well as dancing.
- Having finished the test, the professor was thinking of going to the canteen.
- Being a singer, you have good knowledge about tunes and scales.
- Your intimate friend, where is he, when you need him the most?
- Being a designer, you should take care of these things.
- Being a friend, I can advise you.
- Having the assignment done, I went out for a walk.
Published By LearnGrammar.Net